Saturday, September 15, 2012

Design Trends That Make Me Happy

It is never wrong to start a type hunt with your favorites. These are two of mine, and they just so happen to be long-term trends in design, especially the use of ultra thin and lowercase. Love.
















Thanks, Olly Moss and Don Draper & Co. for bringing Saul Bass-inspired work back into our everyday lives.



I love op-art in design...


Also, I am a huge fan of the minimalist trend. I feel as though it takes more talent to make a visual statement with fewer components, so I admire those who do it well (again, see Saul Bass). These bottles will definitely inspire my next Advanced Typography project...


Well-done infographics are not only a brilliant trend, but an amazing way to get large amounts of (well, sometimes very dry) facts to an audience.


One last trend I particularly enjoy:  I call it retro simplicity... The vintage fonts accompanying paired down graphics is yummy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment